Proximity Space aims to connect the world’s mobile workforce. Our company was founded in 2016 and has quickly created one of the fastest-growing networks of coworking spaces in the world. Although we spend much of our time developing software and hardware, our heart is with our communities. We have seen first hand that connecting individuals, companies, and communities together is one of the best ways to create entrepreneurial density and momentum in regions. We own and operate three coworking spaces in Western Colorado. Our spaces are at the heart of what we do—help spaces around the world—so our spaces give us experience and are the proving ground for the work we do.
About the Role
Proximity Space - Montrose is looking for a talented and passionate community manager. This is a shared position between Proximity Space, the City of Montrose, and the Montrose Chamber of Commerce. We believe that if you want to have strong vibrant communities you must have strong and vibrant entrepreneurs and partnerships. Because of this we’re committed to empowering our members in
every way possible, and as the community manager, your job is foremost about community development.
Goals and Objectives
• Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and building genuine relationships with and between members
• Ensure that the building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
• Build trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input
• You must be comfortable with speaking in front of people
• This position requires you to be nimble and flexible
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be the first and last point of contact for Proximity Space and Chamber members in person, digitally, and on the phone
• Greet and check-in members and guests
• Greet people who come in for tours, track walk-ins, and schedule tours
• Help new members get set up on Proximity’s system as well as take them through the onboarding process
• Plan and host our 3 Proximity/Chamber co-hosted monthly events. (This includes, promotion, & set up/tear down)
• Solve member related issues to ensure a cohesive community
• Assist with move-ins and move-outs; prepare and distribute member welcome packets
• Assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience
• Respond to inquiries regarding the space, the Chamber of Commerce, and the City of Montrose
• Create and send out newsletter through (mailchimp)
• Create events on Eventbrite and Proximity Space software
• Procure and post remote and local job postings
• Encourage members to fill out profiles.
• Work with Marketing Director to manage local social media account
• Ensure the building is clean and well kept
• Manage / Order consumables
• Managing members Mail and Packages as needed
• Assist with scheduling, reporting, and other activities associated with the City of Montrose’s Development and Revitalization Team
• Managing the Main Street Banner program
Experience and Requirements
• You love working with people!
• Customer Service and/or sales experience a huge plus
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
• Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
• Passion for entrepreneurial communities
• Proficient in Basic Computer Skills
Salary Range This is a full time position. Benefits are limited, but include PTO, paid sick, paid holidays, schedule flexibility, and working inside a coworking space. We have a great team who has a lot of fun and supports one another. Pay range is $14-$16 per hour.
* This position reports to the Chamber Director in partnership with Proximity’s Director of Community
To apply please email resume to email@example.com